Hello everyone and happy Monday! So today on my stories I asked if any of you would be interested in seeing some exercise routines a few times a week and I got a lot of positive feedback. I posted my workout I did today already, but if you're not on the gym grind yet these are some of my favorite exercises and some advice that really helped ease me into the idea of working out and getting stronger. Admittedly, I was really nervous when I first started going to the gym. Nick goes every day and he is really the one who motivated and pushed me to start going. Walking in I had no idea how the machines worked and I felt weird holding a dumbbell. But, my number one piece of advice to you is to not be afraid! I promise you two things.
1. No one is really paying attention so if you do something wrong or feel uncomfortable, it's ok! This was a big fear of mine - if I was doing a chest exercise I was worried and felt uncomfortable. But, once you get the hang of it and realize you are there for YOU, you kind of get over it;).
2. Chances are that you're not the only one who feels weird there right now or has in the past. Every one in the gym right now at some point walked into a gym for their first time. It's okay to learn, it's okay to ask for help with the equipment!
Starting to go to the gym and get your 45 minutes of exercise is soooo important. I realize some go to the gym for over an hour but honestly, I am too lazy for that. I like to make my workouts easy, quick, and set attainable goals.
Here is my 5 tips of starting to go to the gym:
1. Start out with some cardio warmup - I personally love doing this because it gets my heart rate out, and gets my entire body ready for the workout. I usually do about 15 minutes on the elliptical just to get the juices flowing.
2. Be comfortable in what you are wearing. I used to be scared to wear tight tanks to the gym, but would do it anyway. From this, I realized that I was just selling myself short because I wasn't fully doing my workout, I was just thinking of how uncomfortable I am. My favorite workout gear is from LuluLemon for pants, and Zella or Athleta for tops. Everything from these 3 stores are incredibly comfortable and flattering.
3. Set a schedule. My favorite workouts to do are legs and arms. I do at least 1 full arm workout per week and 2 leg workouts per week. Usually on the weekend I will mix it up and do a full body - or combine to different workouts (i.e. legs and arms). Here is my weekly schedule:
Wednesday: Light Cardio Day
Sunday: Full Body
4. Try new things. If you look at that schedule and are anything like me you would say: Chest? I do not need to workout my chest! Those were my first thoughts, but it is good to do a variety. You know those people that walk around with big arms and tiny legs? Don't be that person! I do light weights, but still make it a challenge.
5. Last but not least, have fun and achieve your goals! Working out isn't supposed to be such a hassle. Think of it as your escape, your getaway, or just something you do for fun. Work it into YOUR routine and what works with your life! You can do whatever you set your mind to! (Including working out your chest;)).
Tell me your gym tips down below, or what you are afraid of!! Look forward to weekly workouts on my IG page!
Hey guys! I hope your week is going well! I just put this new phone case on my phone and it is a m a z i n g. It... Read More
If you follow me you know I am obsessed with blankets. You can never have too many! I recently added to my collection and as of right now is my... Read More